In 2022 TMAS launches a sustainability project that aims to raise the level of knowledge within sustainability among our members as well as to increase the understanding of how we, as textile machinery builders, can contribute to a more sustainable textile production. This training opportunity will give you an orientation within the area as well as insight to the sustainability project of TMAS. Employees at TMAS member companies are welcome to join!
- 9.00-9.15 Introduction: Textile Machinery – the backstage textile heros?!
Therese Premler-Andersson, Secretary General TMAS
- 9.15-9.45 The textile industry and the global sustainability goals
Anett Aldman, Project Manager, Textile Fashion 2030 – The National Platform for Sustainable Fashion and Textiles, Science Park Borås
- 9.45-10.15 What is the climate impact from the textile and garment industry?
Michael Schragger, Founder & CEO, Sustainable Fashion Academy, Director, The Swedish Textile Initiative for Climate Action (STICA) and Host, Big Closets Small Planet Podcast
- 10-15-10.30 Break
- 10.30-11.15 IKEA – A production orientated retailer and the future needs of climate smart textiles
Catherine Larsson, Material and Technology Engineer,
Marius Lehadus, Material and Innovation Developer,
Sandeep Gupta, Material and Technology Engineer
- 11.15-11.45 An avalanche of laws from Brussels
Jenny Svärd, Director Environmental Policies, The Confederation of Swedish Enterprise
- 11.45–12.00 Summary & wrap up